Documents for a Civil Marriage
- PASSPORT COPIES OF BOTH PARTIES
- FULL BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF BRIDE AND GROOM
Both parties are obliged to provide a full birth certificate. Shorter versions will not be accepted.
- CERTIFICATE OF NON-IMPEDIMENT TO MARRY FOR BOTH BRIDE AND GROOM
This document confirms that you have not been married and that you are free to married. The document can be issued in your local Registrar’s office and it must not be issued more than 3 months before your wedding.
- AFFIDAVITS STATING THE BRIDE & GROOM ARE FREE TO MARRY
This is a paper where you declare you are free to marry and that there is no impediment preventing you entering into a valid marriage in Thassos, Greece. The document should be certified in the Notary's Office.
- DIVORCE CERTIFICATE IF ANY
If either party has been divorced, please provide a certified copy of the Decree Absolute.
- OFFICIAL DOCUMENT ABOUT CHANGING YOUR NAME IF ANY
- ADOPTION CERTIFICATES IF ANY